You can now watch the presentations at this year’s event, by clicking on the individual presentation on the next tab
Please click on the links below to view the presentation videos:
1. OSA post COVID including telematics – Dr Chris Turnbull, NIHR Clinical Lecturer in Respiratory Medicine, Oxford University Hospitals NHS FT.
2. New NICE Guidance – Dr Annabel Nickol, Consultant in Respiratory Medicine; Sleep and Ventilation Lead, Oxford University Hospitals NHS FT & NICE Guideline Committee Member 2018 to 2021
3. Did SATA get what patients wanted? Dr Annabel Nickol talks with SATA’s Chris Rogers, also a NICE Guideline Committee Member 2018 to 2021
4. CPAP supply crisis – what are the alternatives? Dr Annabel Nickol & Chris Rogers
5. Health & Well Being Matters – Heather Salt RNU), Clinical & Health Psychologist, Oxford Health
6. Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Research & Development – Professor Joerg Steier, Consultant Respiratory Physician at the Lane Fox Unit for weaning and non-invasive ventilation, St Thomas’ London, President of the British Sleep Society
7. Question Time Panel: Dr Annabel Nickol, Dr Chris Turnbull, Chris Rogers, David Graddon
On the 15th October 2022, SATA will hold its third annual sleep apnoea patients conference online as a virtual event. We had hoped to hold a hybrid event allowing physical and virtual attendance. However, it is clear that the global shortage of CPAP machines due to the Philips issue, is likely to continue for many more months, so a major attraction of the physical conference, to see the latest machines, is not viable. In addition, the waiting lists for referrals to Sleep Clinics is growing, so a physical event, designed in part to help those newly diagnosed is also not viable. Let’s hope 14th Oct 2023 will see a return to normality.